How to Use Instagram Reels for Business
By now, I am sure you have heard of, or experimented with, Instagram’s latest content creation feature, Reels. As if you need MORE solutions for content creation (am I right)? 😅
If you haven’t heard the word yet, Reels are Instagram’s latest tool inspired by TikTok (because if you can’t beat em, copy em, am I right?) and they’re getting higher engagement, more views and attracting more people to accounts that are using this new tool.
And, if you haven’t been living under a rock for the last couple of months, I’m also certain that whichever digital marketer you follow or subscribe to, has already given you their ‘two-cents’ on Reels…so I’ll make this quick and FUN! 👍🏻
Whether you use TikTok or Reels, the time has come to make your choice.
Pro-Tip…posting your TikTok’s to your Instagram should be your LAST choice as the algorithm currently favors Reels (obvi). However, if you DO NOT have the music sticker (or music option in Reels) then keep using TikTok…it’s the only way to bypass the forced and highly annoying ‘no music’ on your account, but that’s another blog post for another day.
So, without wasting anymore of your precious time I wanted to give 5 way to use Reels in your content strategy this week!
And remember, those who adopt early, win the race! 🏆
- Behind the scenes – show your followers what a typical day, morning routine or work project looks like (yes, you can do this is 15 seconds). Simply record clips throughout the day and string them together when you go to create your post.
- Tips– Show your followers how you do something, why to do something a specific way, and how it benefits their business.
- Informational – Why what you do is important to your clients or customers.
- Entertain – Show a side of your personality to your followers that they don’t see too often
- Yup, Nope – Answer common questions you get asked about in your industry to this snappy little number (You know the song…)
Now get going, because Instagram LOVES new features when they release them (my last Reel got over 2k views and is still getting comments!)
I hope you found thees tips useful! If so drop me a comment on the ‘gram, or send me a DM. Instagram is where I spend most of my time and where you can connect with me often.
Click the image below to catch my latest reel for my niche! Or, you can read more about content creation ideas on social here.
Published October 29, 2020 by Deonnah Carolus